Sports

Premier League 2024-25: Bournemouth forward Evanilson’s red card rescinded, three-match ban overturned

Premier League 2024-25: Bournemouth forward Evanilson’s red card rescinded, three-match ban overturned

Bournemouth striker Evanilson has avoided a three-match suspension after the Premier League club successfully appealed against the red card he received against Manchester United, the English Football Association (FA) said on Wednesday.

The 25-year-old Brazilian was sent off during Bournemouth’s 1-1 draw with United on Sunday in the 70th minute after a VAR review of a challenge on right back Noussair Mazraoui upgraded the card from yellow to red.

Evanilson, who has scored 11 goals in 31 matches in all competitions this season, had been set to miss league fixtures against Arsenal, Aston Villa and Manchester City before his red card was overturned.

“An independent regulatory commission has removed Evanilson’s three-match ban following a successful claim of wrongful dismissal,” the FA said in a statement.

Bournemouth, 10th in the Premier League, travels to Arsenal on Saturday.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Sports

New Zealand Rugby referees embark on training mission to boost SL rugby standards

New Zealand Rugby referees embark on training mission to boost SL rugby standards A delegation of seasoned New Zealand rugby
Sports

Asalanka and Hasaranga guide SL to victory against visiting New Zealand Team

Asalanka and Hasaranga guide SL to victory against visiting New Zealand Team In a challenging chase of 136 runs, Sri